[ovirt-users] Console not working

Brett I. Holcomb biholcomb at l1049h.com
Sat May 7 02:06:32 UTC 2016

Some more information.
I had shutdown the VM on VMWare workstation, exported it as an ova, did
the virt-v2v and imported it.  To work on it I went to another
workstation running the same OS (Fedora 23) and ran the oVirt web
portal.  From there I tried to access this new VM's console (or any but
can not).  I shutdown the VM on oVirt and restarted it on VMware
Workstation.  I logged back into the workstation I'm trying to migrate
and can access all the consoles without issues under SPICE. So to
summarize
Workstation A - Keeps asking what to do with the console vv file.
Workstation B - the one I'm trying to migrate to oVirt I can access
consoles just fine. This one opens in remote viewer according to the
heading if I open a console window.
So I need to find out what needs to be installed on Workstation A.  On
B I have these so I installed them on A.
spice-glib
spice-gtk3
spice-vdagent
virt-manager
virt-common
Same vnc packages on both already installed.
remote-viewer on both systems
Still doesn't work.
Firewall services and ports the same on both.
For others who may have a brain short <G>:  After all that I found that
I had to select remote-viewer in the open with box and all was well.
 The first system was setup some time ago so I don't remember if I had
to go through this dance to change it from Firefox or if it just picked
it up and used remote-viewer.  I have no idea why Firefox would be a
preferred viewer for a remote connection.