[ovirt-users] 100% memory usage on desktop environments

Nicolás nicolas at devels.es
Wed May 18 17:51:05 UTC 2016

El 18/05/16 a las 18:11, Karli Sjöberg escribió:

> Den 18 maj 2016 7:03 em skrev Nicolás <nicolas at devels.es>:
> >
> > Hi Karli,

> deployed a
> >>
> >> Just spitballing here: 14.04 only? Tried 16.04, or any other OS for
> that matter? For now, it sounds more guest related rather than oVirt.
> >>
> >> /K
> >

> > I tried a vanilla centos-7.1 as well and the same happens. I'm of
> the same opinion that this is more a guest related issue, it's just
> I'd like to find out why this only happens with QXL and not with CIRRUS.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Very interesting. Are your hosts all of the same architecture(family)?
>
> /K

Actually we have a nice mixture of manufacturers. We run 7 hosts, paired
4-2-1 in relation to architecture. All of them have the same resources,
though (CPUs + RAM). In this case, I can't test the VM on different
hosts because we've separated one of them (one of the "4") on a
standalone oVirt datacenter as we're making tests on it, but I remember
this has already happened to me in the past (I didn't have the time to
debug it at that time, though).