[ovirt-users] Stalled disk migration

Nicolás nicolas at devels.es
Thu Oct 6 18:45:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

We've done a major datastore migration recently between 2 iSCSI-based
datastores. We've successfully migrated 35 machines, however, 5 of them
seem to have stalled. All we can see in the events tab tab is:

   Moving Disk bla_Disk1 from iscsi01 to iscsi02

Disks are small enough (25-27Gb) to assume this won't progress since
it's been more than 30 hs. since the migration began, other VMs took
approximately 1-1.5 hours to fully migrate a disk, so this seems to be
stalled.

The bad thing is that I can't find a way to "unstall" it. Disks are in a
perpetual "migrating" status and there's no way to stop the migration
(at least from the webadmin). I don't actually care if stopping the
migration breaks those 5 machines since they are disposable, I just need
to stop that event. I already tried restarting the ovirt-engine and it
didn't work.

Log doesn't seem to provide nothing relevant.

Is there a way to do that? I wouldn't mind if I need to modify some
record directly into the DB.

Thanks!

Nicolás