[ovirt-users] VM incremental backup

Nathanaël Blanchet blanchet at abes.fr
Wed Oct 12 09:08:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

After testing many ways to transfer sparse file between servers (in
local cp is enough), here is the only way wich is time efficient:

Source side

# tar cSf - /var/lib/libvirt/images/acore_thin.img | nc -l 5000

Destination side

# nc 10.34.100.128 5000 | pv -btr | tar xSf -
3,54GB 0:02:19 [  26MB/s]

# ls -lsh /var/lib/libvirt/images/acore_thin.img

3,8G -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 40G  6 oct.  12:43