[ovirt-users] oVirt engine and primary DNS

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 10:19:50 UTC 2016

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 11:42 AM, Jonas Israelsson <
jonas.israelsson at elementary.se> wrote:

> Well it's not like the machine (nor oVirt) doesn’t have a working DNS. My
> point is, I'm under the impression it only uses one (the first) from
> resolv.conf and ignores the rest.
>
> Rgds,
> Jonas

Can you try if these settings inside /etc/resolv.conf can make oVirt engine
web uo work better?

options rotate
options timeout:1
options attempts:1

Please note that nslookup and dig commands seem not to go through these
settings if you change them.
But if you use eg ping command you can see they work as expected (at least
the rotate one).