[ovirt-users] Migrating self hosted engine from iSCSI to NFS ?

Matteo mbrancaleoni at voismart.it
Tue Sep 27 10:45:51 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I've a 2 hosts setup with ovirt 4, with a bunch of machines on it.

I started with an old iSCSI unit, then added a new NFS storage server
and started moving all VMs.

All VMs have been migrated over NFS (live storage migration works great!), but
now I need to move also the hosted engine, in order to dismiss the iSCSI storage.

So, what're the best guidelines to migrate ?
I suspect that simply doing live storage migration will not work :)

All backups of the hosted engine are available.

Thanks!
Matteo