[ovirt-users] Domain name in use? After failed domain setup?

Schorschi . no-reply at dc.rr.com
Tue Aug 8 03:01:35 UTC 2017

Bit more information...

[oVirt shell (connected)]# list storagedomains

id         : 2b6d2e60-6cfb-45cd-a6e1-8cf38ad2bf34
name       : Datastore_02

This is the new domain that failed, since the master was not 100%
up/initialized, but does NOT appear in the UI of course.  When I try to
remove it..

[oVirt shell (connected)]# remove storagedomain Datastore_02
ERROR
   status: 400
   reason: Bad Request
   detail:
==========================================================================================================================================================

Not sure why this error results.  So looked for a connection?  Was
surprised to find one, given nothing in the UI...

]# show storageconnection 21fbad73-f855-48fc-8949-e5d6b077eb83

id         : 21fbad73-f855-48fc-8949-e5d6b077eb83
address    : crazy
nfs_version: auto
path       : /storage/nfs/datastore_02
type       : nfs

[oVirt shell (connected)]# remove storageconnection
21fbad73-f855-48fc-8949-e5d6b077eb83
ERROR
   status: 409
   reason: Conflict
   detail: Cannot remove Storage Connection. Storage connection
parameters are used by the following storage domains : Datastore_02.

This is really a nasty catch 22?  I can't delete the storage domain,
because there is a storage connection active?  But I can't delete the
connection because the storage domain exists?  Any suggestions how
resolve this?

Thanks