[ovirt-users] Attaching ISO to hosted engine for OS upgrade

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Wed Feb 22 16:33:27 UTC 2017

I'm working on upgrading an oVirt 3.5 setup.  The physical hosts are
running CentOS 7, but the hosted engine is CentOS 6.  The upgrade notes
are "back up the engine, upgrade/reinstall the OS, then restore", but I
can't see how to actually install CentOS 7 on the engine.

Am I supposed to re-run "hosted-engine --deploy"?  Wouldn't that try to
re-register the physical hosts, or can I interrupt it to restore the
backup?

Or, is there a way to just attach an install ISO to the engine VM and
boot from that?
--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>