[ovirt-users] Hardware for Hyperconverged oVirt: Gluster storage best practice

ovirt at fateknollogee.com ovirt at fateknollogee.com
Sat Jun 10 17:43:43 UTC 2017

Martin,

Looking to test oVirt on real hardware (aka no nesting)

Scenario # 1:
1x Supermicro 2027TR-HTRF 2U 4 node server
I will install the o/s for each node on a SATADOM.
Since each node will have 6x SSD for gluster storage.
Should this be software RAID, hardware RAID or no RAID?

Scenario # 2:
3x SuperMicro SC216E16-R1200LPB 2U server
Each server has 24x 2.5" bays (front) + 2x 2.5" bays (rear)
I will install the o/s on the drives using the rear bays (maybe RAID 1?)
For Gluster, we will use the 24 front bays.
Should this be software RAID, hardware RAID or no RAID?

Thanks
Femi