[ovirt-users] How to configure Cloud-init in Guest OS ?

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Thu Mar 16 14:03:12 UTC 2017

On 03/16/2017 02:22 PM, TranceWorldLogic . wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use cloud-int to provide some text file in guest OS as
> mention in below link. (tried using sdk)
> But it is not working.
> http://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/cloud/cloud-init-integration/

What SDK are you using? I guess that the Python SDK. Did you try this
example:

https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine-sdk/blob/master/sdk/examples/start_vm_with_cloud_init.py

> 1> Do I need to do some configure cloud-init in Guest OS ?
> -> I hav just install cloud-init package in my 2 guest
>       For centos 6.8 => yum install cloud-init
>       For ubuntu 14.05 => apt-get install cloud-init

That should be eough, at least in CentOS. Not sure about Ubuntu.

Note that you are using a quite old version of CentOS, so you may also
be using an old or buggy version of cloud-init. Did you try with latest
CentOS 7?

> 2> Do cloud-init permanently write network configuration in ifconfig
> file(Centos) or interface file (ubuntu)?

It does, in CentOS. Not sure about Ubuntu.