[ovirt-users] How to deploy hosted-engine to the second and later host machines

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Mon Mar 27 09:28:30 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 5:05 AM, Tatsuya <suginami at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Didi
>
> > Even if you never heard about hosted-engine in previous versions and 4.1
> >  was your first attempt? Any suggestions for improvement to make it
> easier
> >  to find?
>
> Sorry to late reply. I notice that I forget to add "users <users at ovirt.org>"
> as a destination.
>
> The inquiry of the other day was about oVirt 4.0.
>
> Yesterday I installed 4.1 for the first time.
>
> I think that if I had been able to deploy self hosted engine not only when
> reinstalling host
> but also when adding new host, I could have noticed.

Hi Tatsuya,
you should see it also adding new hosts, it should look like this:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oVirt/ovirt-site/30c70a9076f94113469401a51cafdfc7be8fbedd/source/images/2017-02-16-hyperconverged-ovirt-with-ovn-picture17.png
That one is from 4.1.0

There is also an explicit icon to highlight which host is running the
engine VM and which ones are ready for it:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oVirt/ovirt-site/30c70a9076f94113469401a51cafdfc7be8fbedd/source/images/2017-02-16-hyperconverged-ovirt-with-ovn-picture18.png

Deploying from CLI is explicitly prevented and it's pointing you to the web
UI with this message:
'Setup of additional hosts using this software is not allowed anymore.
Please use the engine web interface to deploy any additional hosts.'

Do you think it's not that clear?
Anything we can improve?