[ovirt-users] How to deploy hosted-engine to the second and later host machines

Tatsuya suginami at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 15:21:55 UTC 2017

Hi Simone

> you should see it also adding new hosts, it should look like this:
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oVirt/ovirt-site/30c70a907
6f94113469401a51cafdfc7be8fbedd/source/images/2017-02-16-
hyperconverged-ovirt-with-ovn-picture17.png
<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oVirt/ovirt-site/30c70a9076f94113469401a51cafdfc7be8fbedd/source/images/2017-02-16-hyperconverged-ovirt-with-ovn-picture17.png>
> That one is from 4.1.0

By looking at your image, I found that this recognition discrepancy is due
to localization.
In English, Hosted Engine was displayed even in my environment.

> There is also an explicit icon to highlight which host is running the
engine VM and which ones are ready for it:
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oVirt/ovirt-site/30c70a907
6f94113469401a51cafdfc7be8fbedd/source/images/2017-02-16-
hyperconverged-ovirt-with-ovn-picture18.png
<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oVirt/ovirt-site/30c70a9076f94113469401a51cafdfc7be8fbedd/source/images/2017-02-16-hyperconverged-ovirt-with-ovn-picture18.png>

Yes, I noticed this icon soon. It's very good.

> Deploying from CLI is explicitly prevented and it's pointing you to the
web UI with this message:
> 'Setup of additional hosts using this software is not allowed anymore.
Please use the engine web interface to deploy any additional hosts.'

I'm sorry I haven't tried cli install in 4.1.1, but I think it important to
restrict it as you said.
It was a great relief for me personally to automate setting such as lvm,
glusterfs, firewalld and selinux.

There are no particular points to improve.
Thank you for your support.