[ovirt-users] Live migration of VM(0 downtime) while Hypervisor goes down in ovirt

Luca 'remix_tj' Lorenzetto lorenzetto.luca at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 20:58:45 UTC 2018

What you're looking at is called fault tolerance in other hypervisors.

As far as i know, ovirt doesn't implement such solution.

But if your system doesn't support failure recovery done by high
availability options, you should take in account to revise your application
architecture if you want to keep running on ovirt.

Luca

Il 10 feb 2018 8:31 AM, "Ranjith P" <ranjithspr13 at yahoo.com> ha scritto:

Hi,

>>Who's shutting down the hypervisor? (Or perhaps it is shutdown
externally, due to overheating or otherwise?)

We need a continuous availability of VM's in our production setup. If the
hypervisor goes down due to any hardware failure or work load then VM's
above hypervisor will reboot and started on available hypervisors. This is
normally happening but it disrupting VM's. Can you suggest a solution in
this case? Can we achieve this challenge using glusterfs?

Thanks & Regards
Ranjith

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
<https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/mobile/?.src=Android>

On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 2:07 AM, Yaniv Kaul