[ovirt-users] oVirt 4.2 WebUI Plugin API Docs?

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 13:54:43 UTC 2018

On Friday, February 16, 2018 6:31:10 PM EST Zip wrote:
> Are there any updated docs for the WebUI Plugins API?

Unfortunately no, I haven't had a chance to create updated documentation.
However the first two links are mostly still accurate as we haven't done any
major changes to the API.

Some things to note that are different from the API documentation in https://
www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/ux/uiplugins/ for 4.2:

- alignRight no longer has any effect, as the UI in 4.2 no longer respects it.
- none of the systemTreeNode selection code does anything (since there is no
more system tree)
- As noted in the documentation itself the RestApiSessionAcquired is no longer
available as we have a proper SSO mechanism that you can utilize at this
point.
- Main Tabs are now called Main Views (but the api still calls them main tabs,
so use the apis described). And sub tabs are now called detail tabs, but the
same thing the API hasn't changed the naming convention so use subTabs.
- mainTabActionButton location property no longer has any meaning and is
ignored.

That is it I think, we tried to make it so existing plugins would remain
working even if some options no longer mean anything.