[ovirt-users] oVirt 4.2 WebUI Plugin API Docs?

Zip plord at intricatenetworks.com
Sun Feb 25 06:11:08 UTC 2018

Hi Alexander,

If I try the following:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
    <script>
        var api = parent.pluginApi('HelloWorld');
        api.register({
            UiInit: function () {
                api.addMainTab('FooTab','xtab123','http://foo.com/');
            }
        });
        api.ready();
    </script>
</head>

I get the error in my browser console:

Sun Feb 25 00:03:56 GMT-600 2018
org.ovirt.engine.ui.webadmin.plugin.PluginManager SEVERE: Exception caught
while invoking event handler function [UiInit] for plugin [HelloWorld]:
Error: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException webadmin:1:13517
<https://ovirtmgmt.intricatenetworks.com/ovirt-engine/webadmin/?locale=en_US
#dashboard-main>

Sun Feb 25 00:03:56 GMT-600 2018
org.ovirt.engine.ui.webadmin.plugin.PluginManager WARNING: Plugin
[HelloWorld] removed from service due to failure

However if I remove the line:

 api.addMainTab('FooTab','xtab123','http://foo.com/Œ);

And replace it with something simple like:

alert(ŒTest 123¹);

There are no errors and the alert fires as it should.

Any ideas of what I might be missing?

I am running oVirt 4.2.1 on CentOS ­ Hosted Engine setup with 1 host for
testing.

Thanks

Zip