[ovirt-users] Suggestions on changing hosts' network

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 11:25:01 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 11:56 AM, Marcin Mirecki <mmirecki at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello Gianluca,
>
> Add/remove would probably be the simplest way to go.
> The procedure would be:
> - take host to maintenance
> - remove host
> - use vdsm-cient to change the ip of ovirtmgmt
> - add the host again
>
> Just changing the dns configuration sounds quite interesting.
> I suppose the host certificates should be ok if the host was added by
> hostname.

I've already done something similar in September; see here the full thread:
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2017-September/084411.html

In that case it was more complicated in the sense that vlan change was
involved for ovirtmgmt and I passed through a new cluster.
Now it is more simple, but while on September case the hosts were plain
CentOS hosts, now they are ovirt-node-ng, so my manual ifcfg files
manipulation doesn't fit.

If vdsm-client command is ok I presume it will be something of type:

# vdsm-client Host setupNetworks
vdsm-client: Command Host.setupNetworks with args {} failed:
(code=-32603, message=Attempt to call function: <bound method
Global.setupNetworks of <API.Global object at 0x2279f10>> with arguments:
() error: setupNetworks() takes exactly 4 arguments (1 given))
#

with some sort of json configuration, but it is not clear to me what to give

Can I do the change of ip from the host web cockpit mgmt interface? I
set/change the ip and then eventually reboot the server to see if it works?

Gianluca