[ovirt-users] Permission on Vm and User portal

Giorgio Biacchi giorgio at di.unimi.it
Fri Jan 26 11:43:25 UTC 2018

It seems it's a bug. There's already another thread here with this subject:

Ovirt 4.2 Bug with Permissons on the Vm Portal?

I've enabled ovirt 4.2 pre-release repo but the problem is still present in
version 4.2.1.3-1.el7.centos

Somewhere i read that will be fixed in 4.2.2, I'm waiting...

Regards

On 01/26/2018 12:13 PM, Donny Davis wrote:
> I have been trying to get this worked out myself.
>
> Firstly someone with a system permission will be able to see things from the
> system level. I have been adding the permission at the cluster level, but I also
> just can't seem to figure out the user portal in 4.2. they can either see it all
> or nothing, even vms they create.
>
> I have been using the permissions from this post to no avail.
> These permissions have worked fine since 3.x days
>
> http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2015-January/030981.html
>

> On Jan 25, 2018 11:57 AM, "carl langlois" <crl.langlois at gmail.com
> <mailto:crl.langlois at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     In 4.1 i was able to assign 1 user to one VM and in the user portal that
>     same user was only seeing this specific VM. But with 4.2 i have trouble with
>     permission.
>
>     The way i add permission to a specific user is go click on the VM in the
>     admin portal, then go in permission and add the user(active directory user).
>     If i log back with this user on the user portal i do not see the VM that was
>     given the permission.
>     But if i add the same user in the system permission tab in the admin portal
>     and give it the UserRole and log back to the user portal, now he can see all
>     the VM but i only want the user to see is vm not all others ...
>
>     there is a difference when the is add from the two different place.. is the
>     attribute :
>     when add from the sytem permission it add the (System) in the inherited
>     permission colum,
>     when add from the VM permission tab it does not have that..
>

>     Any hints would appreciated.
>
>     Carl

gb

PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/
Primary key fingerprint: C510 0765 943E EBED A4F2 69D3 16CC DC90 B9CB 0F34