[ovirt-users] Fibre Channel Protocol (FCP)

maoz zadok maozza at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 11:16:46 UTC 2018

Hello All,
I connected existing data center with NFS storage domain to a new
Fiber-Channel storage domain according to the following guide, and I have
three questions.
https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/install-guide/chap-Configuring_Storage/

1. why does the storage domain asks me to "Use Host"?

   - does it mean that if this host is down there is no access to the FC
   storage or the next available host elected to manage the FC storage?
   - does it mean that all the traffic to my storage is routed via the
   selected host?
   - what is the best practice, do I need to split the workload to other
   hosts as well by letting each host manage one small LUN instead of letting
   one host manage all LUNs or one big LUN?

2. is it possible to set the newly created fiber-channel storage(data
domain) as master?

3. can I easily migrate all VM disks to the FC storage instead of the NFS?

Thank you!