[ovirt-users] Any monitoring tool provided?

Shirly Radco sradco at redhat.com
Sun Mar 25 11:44:13 UTC 2018

Hi Vincent,

I'm sorry it was not an easy setup.

Can you please share what did not work for you in the instructions? I see
you did manage to get it working... :)

If you want data from the last 24 hours in 60 seconds interval (Still not
real time but can give you a better granularity),
You can use the samples tables.

Also, Please make sure to update your* views prefix *to the version you are
using, In the example prefix is * v4_2_**
*If you are using oVirt 4.1, prefix should be ** v4_1_**

For example: (Did not get to test this query yet)

SELECT DISTINCT
    min(time) AS time,
    MEM_Usage,
    host_name || 'MEM_Usage' as metric
FROM (
    SELECT
        stats_hosts.host_id,
        CASE
            WHEN delete_date IS NULL
                THEN host_name
            ELSE
                host_name
                ' (Removed on '
                CAST ( CAST ( delete_date AS date ) AS varchar )
                ')'
        END AS host_name,
        stats_hosts.history_datetime AS time,
        SUM (
            COALESCE (
                stats_hosts.cpu_usage_percent,
                0
            ) *
            COALESCE (
                stats_hosts.minutes_in_status,
                0
            )
        ) /
        SUM (
            COALESCE (
                stats_hosts.minutes_in_status,
                0
            )
        ) AS CPU_Usage,
        SUM (
            COALESCE (
                stats_hosts.memory_usage_percent,
                0
            ) *
            COALESCE (
                stats_hosts.minutes_in_status,
                0
            )
        ) /
        SUM (
            COALESCE (
                stats_hosts.minutes_in_status,
                0
            )
        ) AS MEM_Usage
    FROM* v4_2_statistics_hosts_resources_usage_samples* AS stats_hosts
        INNER JOIN v4_2_configuration_history_hosts
            ON (
                v4_2_configuration_history_hosts.host_id =
                stats_hosts.host_id
            )
    WHERE  stats_hosts.history_datetime >= $__timeFrom()
    AND stats_hosts.history_datetime < $__timeTo()
        -- Here we get the latest hosts configuration
       AND  v4_2_configuration_history_hosts.history_id IN (
            SELECT MAX ( a.history_id )
            FROM v4_2_configuration_history_hosts AS a
            GROUP BY a.host_id
        )
        AND stats_hosts.host_id IN (
            SELECT a.host_id
            FROM* v4_2_statistics_hosts_resources_usage_samples* a
                INNER JOIN v4_2_configuration_history_hosts b
                    ON ( a.host_id = b.host_id )
            WHERE
                -- Here we filter by active hosts only
                a.host_status = 1
                -- Here we filter by the datacenter chosen by the user
                 AND b.cluster_id IN (
                    SELECT v4_2_configuration_history_clusters.cluster_id
                    FROM v4_2_configuration_history_clusters
                    WHERE
                        v4_2_configuration_history_clusters.datacenter_id =
                        $datacenter_id
                )
                -- Here we filter by the clusters chosen by the user
                AND b.cluster_id IN ($cluster_id)
                AND a. history_datetime >= $__timeFrom()
                AND a.history_datetime < $__timeTo()
                -- Here we get the latest hosts configuration
                AND b.history_id IN (
                    SELECT MAX (g.history_id)
                    FROM v4_2_configuration_history_hosts g
                    GROUP BY g.host_id
                )
            GROUP BY a.host_id
            ORDER BY
                -- Hosts will be ordered according to the summery of
                -- memory and CPU usage percent.
                --This determines the busiest hosts.
                SUM (
                    COALESCE (
                        a.memory_usage_percent * a.minutes_in_status,
                        0
                    )
                ) /
                SUM (
                    COALESCE (
                        a.minutes_in_status,
                        0
                    )
                ) +
                SUM (
                    COALESCE (
                        a.cpu_usage_percent * a.minutes_in_status,
                        0
                    )
                ) /
                SUM (