[ovirt-users] Network interface persistence

Sverker Abrahamsson sverker at abrahamsson.com
Mon Mar 26 11:41:35 UTC 2018

I have a number of vm's running under Ovirt 4.2, most are CentOS 7 and
one Debian. Issue is that when multiple network interfaces are assigned
they don't persist but it variates at boot which interface will be which.

I've tried various methods, setting UUID and HWADDRESS in the ifcfg file
and a file /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules file like the below:

SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*",
ATTR{address}=="00:1a:4a:16:01:63", KERNEL=="eth*", NAME="eth0"
SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*",
ATTR{address}=="00:1a:4a:16:01:6d", KERNEL=="eth*", NAME="eth1"

I've also tried in the gui to change the network profile each virtual
card is attached, but even then the interfaces in vm will be oposide of
what I had intended.

How to accomplish with Ovirt to get network interface persistence? The
Debian vm is an appliance so I can't log in to it to change network
interfaces.

/Sverker