Here it is the first weekly summary of 2016 of what's going on on virt's world
We will start lean, because we had winter break - some people still on holiday.
* because of the winter break, we are (I am) still addressing comments from the last
"what's new" - thanks
to everyone that shared thoughts, both on and off list.
* Work will soon restart about virt device overhaul, as introduced in the last
"what's new". The plan
is still to
- consolidtate all the Vm.getUnderlying* into specific devices
- move from minidom to ETree
- move from vm.py to appropriate devices/*
* there are plans to move the virt/ tree from /usr/share/vdsm to
the recent move of networking code. We are still in "planning" phase, but this
is definitely on the table.
Besides tiding up our tree, this will help making the code more testable (easier to
import with less
That's all for now, I promise more tasty topics for the next week!
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D