I would like to raise again the question of the full cache flash for each stale cache
This method can cause two unwanted situations:
1. Choosing untrusted host: lets say, for example that you have 1000 host in your pool.
you look at the first host in the cache and find that its attestation hat expired. you
refresh the entire pool (there are 1000 host, that must take some time). by the the time
the last host was refreshed in the pool, the first host may already be expired again. but
since you already checked it - you keep on with your flow and select that host, even so it
has expired and may as well be untrusted.
2. infinite loop: lets say we'll try to fix what I've described in 1. then, we
need to check again if the host has expired before we select it. if it is, the entire
refresh process starts again. this could potentially go on forever (unless I'm missing
something, and the expiration is much longer then the full re-cache process).
Instead of re-caching the full cache we can do as follows:
- hold the cache entries sorted by expiration (if the expiration time is the same for all
hosts, so a queue is enough).
- each time we need a new trusted host - select from the unexpired hosts, refresh all
expired hosts (in one query).
- if all hosts are expired - we can wait for the first host to be defined trusted by the
attestation server and select that host.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Wei D Chen" <wei.d.chen(a)intel.com>
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2013 11:34:55 AM
Subject: [Engine-devel] Open Attestation integration with oVirt engine proposal has
submitted patchset5 for your
Before submitting this patch set, we has updated our design page, and
new feature about VM template has added to this patchset. In
patchset a lot of frontend changes has been imported.
Welcome to review our patchset and thanks advance for your
Detailed description: http://wiki.ovirt.org/Trusted_compute_pools
In this patch set, follow changes has been introduced:
1. GUI changes to support for creating a trusted VM on a trusted
2. View/Edit VM changes to enable end user switch between three run
3. Template relevant changes to support end user create a trusted VM
template and create trusted VM based on this template afterwards.
4. Bug fixing and code cleanup.
5. wiki design page update.
Engine-devel mailing list