Here it is a new (roughly :) weekly summary about what's going on on virt's world
* Francesco: the first milestone of container integration was reached.
Please see below for details and to learn how to try it!
Besides that, begun a sprint to solve some longstanding 4.0 bugs.
* MartinPolednik: work at full speed on 4.0 features.
Posted cleanup patches for hostdev and for virt devices
* Milan: the first series of vmdevices improvements was merged! Kudos for the important
work at full speed on 4.0 features, and planning the next step for vmdevices
* Vinzenz: work at full speed on 4.0 features
Guest Lifecycle Events (and Hooks).
Patch topics in need of attention
* Francesco: (medium-to-low need, already received some reviews)
* MartinPolednik: (medium-to-low need, already received some reviews)
* Milan: N/A
* Shahar: N/A
* Vinzenz: N/A
Single patches in need of attention:
- still in early technology preview stage, we are currently evaluating other alternatives
- experienced/brave users are encouraged to try, to gather early feedback about the
- works with rkt (https://github.com/coreos/rkt
), runc support planned (http://runc.io/
- works with vanilla Engine 3.6.x! You just need few custom properties
- requires Vdsm master, from sources
- getting started instructions at
- make sure you use version https://github.com/mojaves/convirt/releases/tag/v0.1.5.2
- we still don't have a better name than `convirt' :)
- documentation is still being improved (expect updates and polishing soon)
- monitoring is not yet implemented, it is the next milestone
Anyone interested in more details, or willing to try this out is encouraged to reach me
- here on devel (make sure to CC me so I'll notice the message)
- or on IRC, #vdsm on freenode
- or on IRC, #ovirt on OFTC
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D