Here it is a new weekly summary about what's going on on virt's world (VDSM
Apologies for the irregular updates lately, I'm looking for a new spot to prepare and
send this report
and still not found a convincing one.
* Francesco: the codename `convirt' module (support containers with libvirt API).
We can now run containers disguised as VM in oVirt, the startup and shutdown flow works,
tackling the recovery flow. This is an important milestone, but please bear in mind this
is still very experimental and volatile, still in 'developers only' stage.
However, I'm preparing documentation and wiki page. About docs, I'll now
prioritize 'design goals',
'what you can do with it' and 'how to get started'.
The page will be prepared here:
I'll of course send a proper pull request once ready.
* MartinPolednik: The NUMA cleanup is almost ready, and so is the much needed faqemu hook
Martin is now tackling another much needed caps.py cleanup. Kudos for his efforts!
* Milan: back on full swing moving out code into vmdevices hierarchy from the bloated
First patches have already been merged!
* Shahar: is working to improve the Vdsm sparsify support
* Vinzenz: Guest Lifecycle Events (and Hooks).
Patch topics in need of attention
* Francesco: low need:
Please note https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/54572/
and why it fails, it probably deserve
and more invasive patches
* Milan: N/A
* Shahar: N/A
* Vinzenz: N/A
Single patches in need of attention:
(yours truly's already on it)
That's all for this week!
 We are aware of possible naming issues as pointed out a few weeks ago.
will evaluate new name when the module actually starts doing something useful :)
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D