(Fairly new user of Kimchi, with first impressions)
Is there a good location for documentation?
It seems difficult to make a new ISO available, or I chose a poor way.
- I downloaded from an FTP site requiring non-anonymous authentication
- I scp'd it to root@host
- I tried to use it from there, but I got permission denied
"KCHISO0008E: The hypervisor doesn't have permission to use this ISO
- the message above recommends copying the file to /var/lib/libvirt, but
I think you actually have to copy it to /var/lib/libvirt/images
- you also need to "chown qemu" the ISO image
After the above steps, it finally became visible and usable.
- The above error message appears as a bright pop-over with a nice 'X'
for dismissing, but it automatically disappears so quickly, it's
impossible to read the entire message
- in the "Edit Template" dialog, what is "CPU Number"? I presume that
is "number of (virtual) processors"?
- in the "Edit Template" dialog, what are the units for "Memory"? It
apparently megabytes, but that should be noted
Paul Clarke, IBM