This is a proposal for UI changes to reflect the new API options for
Network tab -> User clicks on add (+) button
Currently, there are 3 options in "Network Type": Isolated, NAT, Bridged
(which sets macvtap bridges as of now).
The API is changing for Kimchi 2.0:
"Bridged" option will now be used for creating networks tied to Linux
bridges, while a 4th option "macvtap" will be added for creating
networks tied to macvtap bridges.
Changes in Bridged option:
1) Change description of "Bridged" option to refer to Linux bridges
2) When "Bridged" is selected, "Destination" will show all the
interfaces it currently shows plus OVS bridges
3) "Enable VLAN" is not showed
4) "Bridged" option will call network_create API with "bridge" as
for "connection" parameter
New macvtap option:
5) Add a new option "macvtap" to Network Type
6) When macvtap option is selected, "Destination" will show the same
that is currently showed for "Bridged" option (no OVS bridges)
7) "Enable VLAN" option is showed
8) macvtap option will call network create API with "macvtap" as
"connection" parameter value
Please let me know your thoughts.
IBM LTC Brazil