oVirt Sync Call Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 14:00 - 15:00 UTC (10:00am US Eastern,
07:00am US Pacific)
== Invitees/Attendees ==
project-planning(a)ovirt.org list subscribers
Jon Benedict - NetApp
Adam Litke - IBM
Ryan Harper - IBM
Greg McIntyre - IBM
Karsten Wade - Red Hat
Dann Frazer - Canonical
Jun Nakajima - Intel
Kerri Catalozzi - Red Hat
Chris Wright - Red Hat
Andy Cathrow - Red Hat
If you do not currently have this call on your calendar and would like
it to be, please mail rbergero(a)redhat.com.
== Project Schedule ==
* Ongoing oVirt workshop promotion
* oVirt Workshop - November 1, 2, 3
* USA - CA - hosted by Cisco
* Press release post workshop
* Community startup at workshop
* Schedule first community release
* Community Infrastructure
* Launch at workshop
* First release - January/February.
== Action Items ==
* Carl to start voting over weekend so people can have projects in
prior to workshop.
== Call Agenda ==
1) Board news
* Project news / voting status updates
* Carl planning to start vote to get projects included over weekend,
so people can have projects in prior to workshop. Friday - Tuesday.
* Carl to start working on a checklist for how to get a project into oVirt
* Karsten to start working on wiki re: figuring names of rooms, time
* Karsten to take discussion re: additional social events to
* Kerri to send out preview of press release to folks on phone call.
* Dann to synchronize with Kerri re: Canonical PR contact.
2) Project launch status / Progress review
* Statistics review
* Addition of project maturity page / how to add a subproject page status
* Has incubator docs up
* Wants to work on a checklist
3) oVirt Workshop / Summit - Nov. 1 - 3, Cisco Main Campus, San Jose, CA.
* Logistics planning:
* Hotel, evening activities status (Karsten)
* Karsten went out to visit the facility, looks like a good
space, large room, breakout sessions. etc.
* Karsten wants to start working on the wiki re: figuring out
names of rooms, time slots, etc.
* Itamar has sent out a survey - basically trying to determine
resource dependencies for parallel tracks.
* Social event for first night
* Crowne Plaza - Reception there. 2 drinks p/p, cash bar,
italian food, 6-9pm Tuesday. In open dining room.
* We do have folks willing to fund other nighttime events.
* Karsten will take the discussion about yes/no to project-planning.
* Press release status (Kerri)
* Press release draft in place.
* Written as a joint release amongst all of the board companies.
* Looking to start getting approvals today. Will be moving ahead
with that today.
* Specific PR Contacts at the majority of the board companies, or
anyone specific you'd prefer Kerri to work with?
* Doesn't have the contact for Canonical yet. Dann will get her a
contact, possibly through Robyn.
* IBM (Ryan), a few others would like to see it before getting
sent out - Kerri to copy everyone on this call directly, along with the
* Kerri will join next week to give an update on ok's.
4) Infrastructure (Karsten)
* Ask Carl or Karsten if you are wanting to be admins on the website, etc.
* We have the pool of machines that we've reserved in EC2 for gerrit
and hudson, so we can do organized integration on checkins, code
* Expects that when Itamar comes back on Sunday, those things will be
* Itamar is wanting to get source up and running around the 25th.
* Doesn't know if we can get DNS updated right away (by the 25th).
5) IRC Meetings vs. Phone meetings
* Need to come to a conclusion
* Move to IRC Meetings
* ...or not
* ... or some combination thereof.
* When? Starting next week?
* Infrastructure needed:
* Meetbot in #ovirt channel
* Should start collecting meeting minutes on wiki
* Carl proposed that we have the meeting next week prior to the event
on the phone, as it's the last pre-workshop call. Then move to IRC meetings.
6) Other updates / Agenda topics
* Add your agenda item here!
* Tony Gargya will be doing promotion of workshop in Prague next week.
* Will we be doing a similar workshop in Europe in the future?
* Maybe something similar - could also be meetups, etc.
* Suggestion: Postmortem on format, etc. of workshop.