[ovirt-devel] Stable branch gerrit hook and Related-To: bug

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Thu Aug 28 11:37:13 UTC 2014

On 08/27, Martin Sivak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask if it might be possible for the gerrit hook to stop giving -1 to patches that do not have bug-url, but have related-to.
>
> The reason for this is that I have a rather large patchset that is adding a new feature. No single patch by itself fixes the referenced bug and there are also patches that are not related to the feature itself, but were backported because they did some refactoring that was needed for the code to apply and/or work properly.

I have a couple question, which of these should happen for the
Related-To bugs?

* Should it pass the same checks than a Bug-Url?
  Most probably yes
  Right now that is:
    - Public
    - Target release
    - Product
* Should it change the bug statuses too?
  Most probably no
* Should it update the external trackers of the bug?
  Most probably yes