[ovirt-devel] Mixed local and shared storage

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Fri May 8 11:31:37 UTC 2015

Hi everyone!

There's a use case for the $subject that is really favorable for us (CI guys)
and I want to ask you if it's possible, if it's viable and if not already there
if I should open a rfe.

The case is when you want to spin up vms from a template, but use them only
once and remove them afterwards (for example, running tests), if you had the
option to have a shared storage where you store the templates, and then a local
storage where you spin up the vms, that allows really fast (local) storage for
the vms and avoids you having to setup a clustered storage (gluster, etc) for
those vms that do not need any of those features.

So is that already possible? (For other threads and what I've tested seems not)
Is that viable? Can it be implemented on ovirt?

Thanks!

--
David Caro

Red Hat S.L.