[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] upload ISO to OOTB pool

Royce Lv lvroyce at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Aug 18 10:47:24 UTC 2014

1. Backend:
     (1)API definition:
     POST /storagepools/isos/storagevolumes/upload {'file': fileobject}
-- This is from backend view, as cherrypy's embedded support wraps
fileobject.

REF:http://docs.cherrypy.org/en/latest/pkg/cherrypy.tutorial.html?highlight=upload

    (2) implementation:
         We can get the file handler from cherrypy's embedded scheme,
and use it to read and write to a local file, ref:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cherrypy-users/xGvxBGgQ90k
        The only thing we need to concern at backend is the file size,
cherrypy demo has proposed a example leverage cgi lib:
            http://tools.cherrypy.org/wiki/DirectToDiskFileUpload

2.  For UI, we need to supply user with a form which input type is
'file', or we construct formdata in ajax(for IE only supported in IE10+):
     REF:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6974684/how-to-send-formdata-objects-with-ajax-requests-in-jquery

3. To support the progress bar in UI, we can utilize resumable js:
http://github.com/23/resumable.js