After two months of stable usage of this 3.1 oVirt setup, here comes the
first blocking issue for which I've no other mean to ask some hint.
When I'm starting a VM, the start process is running fine. Being fast
enough, we can ssh-connect to it, but 5 seconds later, the VM is paused.
In the manager, I see that :
2013-03-22 09:42:57,435 ERROR
(QuartzScheduler_Worker-40) Error in parsing vm pause status. Setting
value to NONE
2013-03-22 09:42:57,436 INFO
(QuartzScheduler_Worker-40) VM serv-chk-adm3
3e17586d-bf8f-465b-8075-defaac90bc95 moved from PoweringUp --> Paused
And on the host, I see one warning message, no error msg, and many
looping repeated messages :
* Warning :
by libvirt vm
* Repeated msgs, amongst other repeated ones :
vmId=`3e17586d-bf8f-465b-8075-defaac90bc95`::Network stats not available
vmId=`3e17586d-bf8f-465b-8075-defaac90bc95`::Disk hdc stats not available
I made my homework and found some bugs that could be similar :
and moreover :
- I tried to restart the node's vds daemon : same behavior
- I tried to reboot the node : same behavior
- I tried to to restart the manager's engine : same behavior
- I tried to run this VM on another node : same behavior
- I tried to run another VM on the node I saw the issue : the other VM
is running fine.
I don't know if I have to conclude that this issue is specific to this
VM, but I sounds like yes.
Things to say about this VM :
- it it a RH6 IIRC. It has already been successfully started, migrated,
stopped and rebooted many times in the past.
- it has 3 disks : one for the system and two for datas.
- it has no snapshots
- it has no different or complicated network setup
My storage domain is a SAN, iSCSI linked, and doing good job since months.
I must admit I'm a bit stuck. Last thing I haven't tried is to reboot
the manager, though I'm not sure that would help.
anyone succeeding in doing what in subject?
F18 node with 3.2 final. ANother server with f18 and engine (3.2 also)
Tried with a Win 7 VM and a CentOS 5 VM.
I successfully create a snapshot.
Then I right-click the snapshot line and select "clone"
I get this window that remains there without exiting....
WHat kind of log to provide?
Recent development of the otopi  framework allows us to migrate the engine-setup,
upgrade and cleanup (and potentially other) utilities to implementation as an otopi
Potential benefits of such a move are:
1. Be able to port engine to other distributions.
2. Be able to install engine in a development mode.
3. Be able to customize installation easily.
4. Share installation of components (reports, dwh).
5. Modular implementation, reduce maintenance costs.
6. Code reuse of installer code for multiple purposes (host-deploy,
Currently we are in the process of creating a 'setup' plugin for
the otopi, and the progress can be monitored at . The current
roadmap for the feature is as follows:
1. Recreate the configuration utilities as plugins in otopi.
2. Support side-by side installation using both the old and the
3. Switch to the new utility when the confidence that it is on-par
with an old one is high.
Our goal is to have the new utilities ready for 3.3 release (at
least for the step 2 in the roadmap).
We'd like to hear as much feedback as possible, so we could
address it as soon as possible.
I have run into a scenario after installing the client agent. If a VM is
shutdown, the client agent calls the shutdown command with a 1 minute
down (timeout = 30, message = 'System Administrator has initiated shutdown
of this Virtual Machine. Virtual Machine is shutting down.'
Since the shutdown command is called with time parameter the VM sets the
/etc/nologin file. When the VM is forced down the /etc/nologin file is not
cleared and when it comes back up only root can login until the
/etc/nologin file is cleared.
Is their some some reason the shutdown time is set to 30 seconds (rounded
up to 1 minute in the code)? Are there any know issues with setting this
Is this the right way to change it to 0?
psql engine postgres -c "update vdc_options set option_value = '0' where
option_name = 'VmGracefulShutdownTimeout';"