I would like to introduce a jenkins job for basic sanity testing of ovirt-iso-uploader and ovirt-image-uploader.
For covering NFS upload it will be needed an NFS share where to upload the images, writable by an user having UID and GID of 36.
For covering SSH uploads it would be needed also SSH access with a user having UID and GID of 36.
For covering upload using the domain id it would be needed a running ovirt-engine instance.
The space needed for the images may be little: sample ovf provided by ovirt-image-uploader is ~2kb and for the iso image any non empty file should be
enough. The uploaded images will be deleted by the job after running.
Is it possible for infra to provide the needed services?
Better technology. Faster innovation. Powered by community collaboration.
See how it works at redhat.com
For https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/ticket/71 I submitted
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/19141 to use r10k for module deployment.
I do have some concerns for further deployment. Until now I've assumed
that we want jenkins to build on new git versions (possibly via the
jenkins patch merged trigger) and then push that to foreman.ovirt.org.
However, that means we give jenkins implicit root on all of our infra
which is a bad thing.
Some solutions I can think of:
1. Set up a cronjob on foreman to poll git
1.1. Run make as the current patch
1.2. Change the patch and switch to dynamic environment support
2. Set up an infra jenkins to automate this
I'm leaning to 1.2, but maybe I'm missing some other solutions.
to recap on previous discussions in ovirt meetings and emails:
- 3.3.1 will be rebased off master branch for ovirt-engine/vdsm
- for vdsm, danken will send more details, but general plan is to issue
a release next week then create a stable branch for it
- for engine, a stable ovirt-engine-3.3 branch was created today.
all backports for patches to stabilize 3.3 should go to this branch.
- will give this branch a few weeks to stabilize before releasing
updates from it.
- critical updates for 3.3.0 should be backported to both ovirt-
engine-3.3 and ovirt-engine-3.3.0 branches.
I've got the following list to add to tomorrow meeting:
* network functional tests - converting job to run per patch
* Waiting for new job owner (toni) to provide info on how to differ from network patches
* should consider using zuul for filtering patches (http://ci.openstack.org/zuul/)
* plan migration from local storage dc to new gluster based storage with new server
* install fedora 19 on new ovirt03.redhat.com server
* migrate jenkins slaves from local storage to gluster
* ovirt tools (iso uploader/image uploader) jobs
* sandro to request power user permissions
* infra to decide how to implement nfs shares
* new jenkins LTS version available
* multiple bugs fixed, should upgrade ASAP
* installing new artifactory.ovirt.org server
* on artifactory - will make builds run faster and not fail on repo timeout
* took offline last rhel64 vm from amazon - using centos instead
* add pep8 1.4.6 rpm to jenkins slaves - currently used local pip on centos vms
* add mvn link to centos slave in puppet: (since mvn is not available on centos?)
* mvn -> /home/jenkins/tools/hudson.tasks.Maven_MavenInstallation/3.0.4/bin/mvn