I tried using oVirt for some time now and like to convert my main Proxmox Cluster (2 Nodes + RPI for Quorum) to oVirt. But I obvioulsy need three servers to do HA. Now I am asking myself: can't I just use the PI as an arbiter node for the Selfhosted-Engine on gluster? I tried running the playbook already, but it's always failing and even if the gluster deployment would go through, it would most likely fail aftwards, right?
Before I waste too much energy and time into that, does anyone of you guys use a 2 node cluster? And no I can't add another node (energy + space + money)!
Also I know with doing that I'm totally on my own etcetera
There is an oVirt 4.1 self-hosted engine cluster of two hosts and a storage connected via iscsi. When trying to add another host, it gives an error: "ERROR otopi.context context._executeMethod:151 Failed to execute stage 'Setup validation': Cannot locate vdsm package, possible cause is incorrect channels". Older hosts on Centos 7.5.1804, last on Centos 7.9.2009. Is it possible to go from 4.1 to 4.4 using the third host as the main one for the transfer?
I am new to ovirt and try to migrate my companies vmware infra to ovirt. The Engine setup went fine without any problems.
These are the steps which I am doing and having problems.
1. Prepare the KVM host by installing the RPM's.
2. Add the kvm host to the engine. Everything is working fine at this point.
3. I am creating a new Network for vm usage named VLAN10. And I am tagging the network with vlan id 10.
4. I am bonding two 25Gb/s interface's with balance-xor mode with the name bond1.
5. When I add the network VLAN10 to the bond1 interface I cant see the logical network assigned to the bond. After this step I am not able to delete the bond since I am getting errors when I try to delete the bond.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.