(Nir, Adam, YanivB, Dan, Milan, Piotr, Francesco, Martin Polednik, Edward)
- Some of us started to work on refactoring for python3, basic file
movements and improving testings
- We added functional tests to check-merged automation script - currently,
for some reason, it doesn't run tests that require root. I'm on it.
- if anyone know that their functional tests work good please add them to
so they will run each merge
- moving code from supervdsmServer to supervdsm_api - follow
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/53496 and move also virt, storage and sla part
- Nir says to use the weekly contact from storage team to help with
verification about storage code changes- I'll try to reach them next week
to test direct LUN
- I also wanted to use lago basic_suite (ovirt-system-tests) to run full
flow from specific vdsm commit - but the infrastructure for that requires
many manual steps and its not easy as I expected it to be.
- moving code from vdsm dir (/usr/share/vdsm/) to site-packages/vdsm (by
moving them to lib/vdsm) - this is required to avoid relative imports which
are not allowed in python3 - storage dir is the main gap we currently have.
- python-modernize - Dan uses it for network tests dir and encourage us to
start running it for our parts
- there are some schema changes, mostly removal parts that Piotr posted as
part of converting to yaml structure. this code needs to be reviewed
- Nir asks to keep the current API order instead of sorting by names
- Nir concerns about yaml notation looks for a list with single element
- split the yaml schema to several files is complex but nir asks to see if
- storage team mainly works hard on SDM patches
- Edward works on splitting network tests between unit tests and
integration tests which do environment setup changes
- we currently don't run the slow test automatically
- we might want more "tags" for tests such as SlowTests, StressTests
And the most important issue - vdsm for ovirt 4.0 will keep only 3.6
backward compatibility - if you don't agree with that statement, please say
why ... but as far as we see it, this is the direction and we already
removing 3.5 stuff.
Thanks all for participating,
Hello. I have create a VM named "test" and define a VM custom property for it named "test_value". Now I try to start the VM through oVirtCli. Using "action vm test start", I can simply start the VM. But what if I want to start the vm with a certain value of the custom property for this time? From RHEV guide book, I know oVirt Cli support this function. But how should i construct the oVirtCli command line in actual operation? Could you please show me a simple example like "start the vm test with giving test_value a certain value like 'abcd'?thank you very much.
I am trying to explore the possibilities of using localhost to mount the glusterfs volume in oVirt/Gluster HC deployments. In HC use case, all the nodes in the cluster will be part of the gluster cluster anyway. So we can just use 'localhost' to mount the gluster volume for storage domain. In this way, we can avoid most of the glusterfs mount problems and don't need the backup vol file server support. Also we can enable libgfapi support for glusterfs storage domain. Do you see any issue with this approach?
Fyi oVirt products maintainers,
An oVirt build for an official release is going to start right now.
If you're a maintainer for any of the projects included in oVirt
distribution and you have changes in your package ready to be released
- bump version and release to be GA ready
- tag your release within git (implies a GitHub Release to be automatically
- build your packages within jenkins / koji / copr / whatever
- verify all bugs on MODIFIED have target release and target milestone set.
Better technology. Faster innovation. Powered by community collaboration.
See how it works at redhat.com
I added recently to check-merged phase a job for automatic functional test
run. see for example
generally, it installs lago in the jenkins machine, set up f23 vm, ssh to
it, run vdsm service (in deploy.sh), and the commands in check-merged.sh
You can see the commands in check-merged.sh (I'll try to improve the
you can add new tests there by adding them to FUNCTIONAL_TESTS_LIST or
calling your own script inside the vm - I think maybe to change it to run
all scripts under certain directory instead of the current ./run_test.sh
call. I'll see how the usage involves and will improve it.
To check your changes before merging you can use -
which requires jenkins.com login
Currently many functional tests under tests/functional are broken
- vmQoSTests.py virtTests.py momTests.py that import VdsProxy - please try
to fix them or remove them if its not in use.
All stable branch maintainers, please make sure to merge all relevant open bugs until Tuesday morning 11:00 AM TLV time.
Every package build (i.e oVirt product) - please make sure every bug in MODIFIED has the right Target Release and Target Milestone.
A Target release should state the version of the package you're building and should include the same version you used for the tag you just used for this build. (e.g. for ovirt-engine, tag: ovirt-engine-18.104.22.168, tr: 22.214.171.124)
Fyi oVirt developers,
An oVirt build is planned for this Tuesday 11:00 AM TLV time (10:00 AM CET).
Taking into consideration the time it takes for Jenkins to run a full CI everything need to be backported by monday 11PM.
Please make sure to mark as verified and CR +2 so it will be ready for merging tuesday morning.